Card games have been here for a long time and players have thoroughly enjoyed the game and are enjoying it to date. It’s one of the best ways to unite with friends and family. With the emergence and rapid growth of online gaming platforms, these card games have received more attention from gamers and have become more popular than usual. There are several top-rated card games and one of them is Call Break.
Read More: Best Crash Casino Games Guide
Call Break is an easy-to-play multiplayer card game that is extremely entertaining and is mostly played in India and Nepal. The goal of the game is to achieve 300 points first. The game can be played in multiple sets and points are scored by the players as they move towards the target points in every set. Call Break game has different names across different regions such as Lakdi or Lakadi, Call Bridge, Ghochi, Racing, Spades, and Tash game. The rules might differ slightly depending on the region it is being played, but the basic rules remain the same.
This blog will cover the rules tips and tricks of the Call Break card game.
Call Break Card Game Rules–
Like any other game, the Call Break game too has certain rules to follow. The rules of this game are simple and easily understandable:
- The main goal of the game is to win tricks more than or equal to the number of tricks bid at the beginning of the game.
- The game is usually divided into five rounds. Each player is dealt with one card randomly and the one who receives the lowest card is selected as the dealer.
- As per the rules, the card ranking in the call break game is as follows– A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
- The default trump suit in the game is Spades. Regardless of the rank of a card, a spade can beat any other card of a different suit. For instance, an 8♠ (spade card) can beat an A♥.
- A player can increase his score by winning additional tricks than the score bid at the beginning of the game.
- Similarly, if the player fails to win tricks equal to the bid at the start of the game, their score declines.
Call Break Card Game Rules For Set-Up
The goal of this game is to secure the highest possible hands or at least the number that is bid by the player before the game starts. It is therefore called a trick-taking or hand-winning card game.
The game is played among four players individually and players need not team up for this. As mentioned earlier, Spade is the default trump suit. All other cards are ranked at their face value in order of high to low: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.
The dealer deals 13 cards to each player once all four players are seated.
Each player is required to select the hand values depending on their possible winning hands before the game starts. Players have to make a call or bid the number of tricks they require to win based on the cards in hand.
The first person to play their cards is chosen randomly after each player is dealt with 13 cards. The objective is to make the lowest hands alike the bid. Bids refer to the number of hands that a player thinks he requires to win. 1-13 is the range between which players can bid with 1 being the lowest big and 13 being the highest. Each player has to compulsorily make a minimum of one bid.
The objective is to make hands that are equal to or higher than the call. The cards are redistributed to players if a player does not get even one trump or spade.
Call Break Game Play
After players are dealt with the cards, the player seated to the dealer’s right has to lead the first hand. In the subsequent rounds, the winner of the previous hand will lead the hand. Whichever card is being played in the current hand, players are required to play a card from the same suit. They can use a trump card in case they don’t have a card of the same suit. Note that this does not guarantee that you will win the hand.
For instance, if the player beginning the game plays an Ace of Hearts, each player will play a card from the same suit. They will make use of the trump card if they don’t have any cards from the suit being played. In case a player plays an Ace and there is no player with a trump card, the player who played the Ace card wins the hand.
Players should play a card with a value higher than the card that has been played during the hand. If they don’t have a higher-value card, they can play any card.
Call Break Rules for Score-Keeping
The score for a Call Break game depends on the number of tricks won by a player.
- Players will lose points if they win tricks lesser than the number they bid at the beginning of the game. For instance, a player will lose 5 points if they bid 5 tricks and win only 4 tricks.
- If a player wins tricks equal to the number they bid at the beginning of the game, they will gain points equal to the number of tricks. For instance, a player will win 5 points if they bid 5 tricks and win 5 tricks.
- If a player wins tricks more than the number of bids, they win extra points. For each extra trick won by the players, they win an extra 0.1 points. If a player wins 7 tricks, and he has bid only 5 tricks for that round, he will get a score of 5.2. The 5.2 points include 5 points for winning the trick bid by him and 0.2 points for winning the two extra tricks.
- The scores of each player are evaluated at the end of every round. Whoever has the highest points at the end of all rounds, wins the game.
Call Break Card Game Winning Strategies
There are certain tips you need to remember while playing the Call Break card game.
Set your goal
At the start of the game, when you are supposed to make a bid, have a goal to win a higher number of tricks or at least equal to the number of bids made. If you decide on 6 calls, you must win 6 or more tricks to win 6 or more points. Not winning even 6 tricks will mean that you will get negative points or lose points from your total points.
Calculate the risk
It is very important to calculate the risk before making any bid. Never bid on huge amounts that you are not sure of winning. You can have a positive score by playing safe and not taking higher risks. Make sure to be mindful while making bids. Your score will be decided based on the bid you make. Hence, make bids that are achievable and realistic. A trick can be trapped or trumped at any point in the game hence make careful decisions and follow the game.
Focus on the score
The Call Break game has a points-based scoring system. It entirely depends on the bids you make and the number of hands you win. The number of hands you win determines your score. The more hands you win, the higher will be the score. Similarly, the bids you make also significantly impact your score. If you secure hands lesser than the bid you made, you will lose an equal amount of points.
- What happens if a player doesn’t get any trump card?
The cards are redistributed if a player does not get a spade or a trump. Every player should have at least one trump card.
- How do you win a Call Break game?
You must win tricks equal to or more than the bid you make at the beginning of the game and every round. You must have the highest points at the end of the game to win the game.
- How do you play Call Break on Kheloo?
Kheloo is the best online platform to play Call Break. In order to play the game, you have to begin by choosing the number of rounds you want to play. Kheloo offers 1 round, 2 rounds, and 4 rounds to play. Choose your table and follow the rules and tips to win the game.