Virat Kohli is a top-notch batsman and a crucial player for the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) team in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He has consistently delivered outstanding performances in every season of the tournament, earning the reputation of a reliable run-scorer.
Kohli made his IPL debut for RCB in the first season of IPL in 2008, and since then, he has amassed the most runs in IPL history, earning the nickname of “the run machine.” He has been leading RCB as the captain since 2013, exhibiting his leadership skills along with his exceptional batting abilities.
The 2016 season of IPL proved to be a milestone for Kohli as he clinched the prestigious Orange cap by scoring a staggering 973 runs in the tournament, which still remains the highest runs scored in a single season of IPL history. His prolific performance earned him the awards for the most sixes and the Most Valuable Player of IPL 2016.
As of now, Virat Kohli has accumulated 53 runs in IPL 2022, placing him at the 24th position on the list of Orange Cap holders. The dynamic RCB batsman has a history of delivering exceptional performances in the IPL, and his fans expect nothing less from him this season.
In the two matches played so far, Kohli has exhibited his batting prowess, scoring 53 runs at an impressive strike rate of 147.22. His innings include a fifty, showcasing his ability to hold the innings together and keep the scoreboard ticking.
Kohli’s knock consisted of three fours and two sixes, indicating his capability to score boundaries and take the game away from the opposition. Although he hasn’t scored a century in IPL 2022 yet, Kohli’s fans are hopeful that he will reach this milestone soon, given his exceptional track record in the tournament.
Virat Kohli has played 209 matches and batted in 201 innings in the Indian Premier League (IPL) so far, amassing a total of 6336 runs. He has faced 4871 balls, remained unbeaten on 32 occasions, and has an impressive IPL average of 37.49. His IPL strike rate is 130.08, and his highest score in the tournament is 113.
Also Read: IPL Teams with the Largest Fan Following
Kohli has scored five centuries and 42 half-centuries in the IPL. He has hit 549 fours and 212 sixes in the tournament, showcasing his class as a versatile and attacking batsman.
Here is a breakdown of Kohli’s season-wise performance in the IPL:
- IPL 2022 (Season 15): Kohli scored 341 runs.
- IPL 2021 (Season 14): Kohli scored 405 runs.
- IPL 2020 (Season 13): Kohli scored 466 runs.
- IPL 2019 (Season 12): Kohli scored 464 runs.
- IPL 2018 (Season 11): Kohli scored 530 runs.
- IPL 2017 (Season 10): Kohli scored 308 runs.
- IPL 2016 (Season 9): Kohli scored 973 runs, his highest tally in a single IPL season.
- IPL 2015 (Season 8): Kohli scored 505 runs.
- IPL 2014 (Season 7): Kohli scored 359 runs.
- IPL 2013 (Season 6): Kohli scored 634 runs.
- IPL 2012 (Season 5): Kohli scored 364 runs.
- IPL 2011 (Season 4): Kohli scored 557 runs.
- IPL 2010 (Season 3): Kohli scored 307 runs.
- IPL 2009 (Season 2): Kohli scored 246 runs.
- IPL 2008 (Season 1): Kohli scored 165 runs.
Overall, Kohli’s consistent performance as a batsman has made him a key player in the IPL, with numerous records to his name.
Comments are closed.